It’s that time of year again! While the holiday season won’t commence for a few more weeks, it’s a good idea to plan your catering needs in advance.
When planning for a holiday party, you can choose to have the party at home, make it a more formal gathering in a restaurant, or decide to go all out and throw a large catered event at one of our banquet halls.
Each holiday season can be rather predictable when all a holiday party means is to exchange gifts and drink a little too much nog. DeCarlo’s is here to help you change that with a small list of ideas to make your 2019 holiday season a more memorable one this year!
- Put Together a Holiday Cocktail Contest. What’s a holiday party without your classic nog or festive concoction? As the host, you can provide drinking glasses, a blender, stirrers, and shakers, cocktail napkins, etc. Then, have all your guests bring the ingredients in which to make the beverages. Once you all have concocted your beverages, drink up and vote on the best one!
- Put Together a Hot Cocoa Bar. Put together a centerpiece to your catered holiday party, such as a hot cocoa bar. Provide all basic ingredients: the cocoa, cups, and napkins. Then, ask your group to be responsible for bringing in ingredients to add (candy pieces, chocolate shavings, whipped cream, cherries, etc.)
- Do a “White Elephant” Gift Exchange. A fun idea that is a little different than a traditional gift exchange is participating in an anonymous gift exchange, such as the “White Elephant.” Before your party, give your group a spending amount – for example, no one spends more than $25 – and bring your random gift to your party. You will then play a game to determine who gets which gifts, making it an interesting time when it’s time to open gifts!
- Associate the Party with a Theme. Who doesn’t love the traditional holiday-themed décor? Well, put it to a vote! Have your group decide if they want to go in a different direction for your party this year. A murder mystery or escape room, a “Gatsby” 1920s dress code, or, of course, the all-too-common ugly sweater party. Will there be a big blizzard near you this year? Opt for a beach theme to break up the bitter cold. Get creative! You don’t have to settle with doing the same thing each year.
- Thrive in the Spirit of the Community. One of the most fulfilling things to do with a group of people during the holiday season is to volunteer time and give back to the community. You can cater to a holiday party at your nearby boys and girls club, nursing home, or homeless shelter and celebrate the holidays with your group all while serving a delicious meal to those in need. DeCarlo’s Banquet and Convention Center has always been involved in giving back to the community with numerous events throughout the year that raise thousands of dollars for many charities. We have always been involved with the Knights of Columbus, Alhambra, Red & White FEZ Club, John W. Smith Old Timers Club, Kiwanis, Lions Club, the Rotary, and the Italian Chamber of Commerce.
Whatever you decide, make sure to consider DeCarlo's Banquet Center for your holiday catering needs. Our friendly and experienced staff and added personal service will make your banquet special. DeCarlo's offers seven beautiful banquet rooms with a variety of menu options at affordable pricing to give you the elegance you deserve with nearly any sized budget.
DeCarlo’s Banquet Center also offers off-site catering with a variety of menu options.
Call us today to discuss your holiday party at (586) 759-6500 or reach out to us on the contact form on our website.